Saturday, October 8, 2016

Bread Crumbs

Bread crumbs.  I’m following bread crumbs, just like Hansel and Gretel.  The bread crumbs I’m following were previously placed on the path by me.  These are not just any crumbs…they are from the Bread of Life.  Each crumb represents a blessing, or an answered prayer, or a mountaintop experience in Christ, or a newly learned nugget of wisdom, or a moment when grace poured over me, or a time when God’s Presence was palpable, or instances when forgiveness brought relief from burdens I should have never brought into my life.  I am so thankful for these small beacons.  They light the path when I cannot see. 


Sometimes the way is well lit and following is no problem.  The path is bright and there is no doubt which way to go, which turn to make, and which answer we need.  Conversely there are other times the path is almost invisible…ALMOST.  These are the times we must navigate by faith, not by sight.  That’s where bread crumbs come in handy.  Each remembrance of God’s faithfulness illuminates the way when it seems God is silent and distant. Presently, I walk a darkened path, even so, I see through eyes of faith that compel me to move forward while considering God’s faithfulness in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment