Thursday, January 7, 2016

He Will Make A Way

I love it when scripture leaps from the page!  Several days ago, God gave John and I Isaiah 43:16-19 as our theme verses for 2016. 

                                16 This is what the Lord says—
                                 he who made a way through the sea,
                                    a path through the mighty waters,
                                                17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
                                    the army and reinforcements together,
                                and they lay there, never to rise again,
                                  extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
                                                18 “Forget the former things;
                                  do not dwell on the past.
                                                19 See, I am doing a new thing!
                                 Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
                                I am making a way in the wilderness
                                 and streams in the wasteland.

We committed to remembering these words as we face whatever this year holds. But that was a week ago and how quickly I forgot…

Sadly, today  I find myself in what seems like an impossible situation that could very well take me off the treatment that in recent days (through testing) has shown to have decreased the high pressure in my lungs by half—a pressure my lungs have not felt in 17 years.  This issue has been one that has been mounting over the past couple of months and today served as what seems like the last nail in the coffin of this treatment. And yet, today was one of those days that God spoke directly to my heart with great clarity, “I AM.”

I spent the day, when I wasn’t on the phone with various caseworkers, insurance people and pharmacy reps,  in a place that is best described in 2 Corinthians 4:8, “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair.”  In a way, numb-- kind of incredulous, not understanding why this would be happening when the treatment was working so well...
  
And later this evening, that was the frame of mind I found myself in as I relayed what had happened to my son, Zane.  As I was texting, a song came to mind from the past and I began to sing (rather absent mindedly) the words--
               
                God will make a way
                Where there seems to be no way
                He works in ways we cannot see
                He will make a way for me


Suddenly, I began to listen to those words…where did that come from?...a song imbedded in my memory from years ago.  Gee, the writer was speaking directly to me and my situation.  Where did he get those words that were so soothing to my soul?  As I began to research the song, my breath was literally taken away…the songwriter based this song on…Isaiah 43.  The very scriptures that God had given me to lean on were reiterated in lyrics brought to mind 14 years later.  So with frame of mind in check and heart overflowing, I look forward to seeing “the way He will make”!

No comments:

Post a Comment